Attention grown ups and young rockhounds!
We will be holding our Young Rockhound Scavenger Hunt, once again, this summer! We have held this in the past, and since we have an abundance of aspiring rockhounds coming from the newest generation, we are bringing it back! We genuinely hope this will be a fun yet educational experience for all the children (and the adults)! For more information, keep on reading.
First and foremost, this is a kids only event. We recommend that kids who are capable of reading comprehension and writing participate in this event, particularly ages 6-12.
About the Scavenger Hunt
All the young rockhounds that wish to participate will start at Level 1. They will have their entire visit to go around the store finding the answers to our questions. Once they’ve completed the worksheet, please have them hand it back to one of the associates to tally up their score.
If everything looks good, they will add their name to a crystal nametag, and we’ll tape it to our progress chart. This is merely so the children will be able to see their progress as they complete each level!
There are 3 Levels in total, and they will increase in difficulty. There will also be a bonus level for any child who wishes to take it on!
Each level that is completed will count as an entry for the GRAND PRIZE which will be announced at the end of summer, and that will conclude our event.
He is our mascot for this event, so you will be seeing a lot of him!
Every child that decides to participate will receive a “Gemothy” before they head off on their journey. Redeeming a Gemothy (handing your Gemothy back to an employee) will be helpful if they are stuck on a question and need a little guidance to find the answer.
They will receive one Gemothy per Level, so make sure they choose wisely!
Additionally, any question that was answered incorrectly on their worksheet will be corrected with the help of an employee. Whilst this event is meant to be fun and educational, we also want it to be fair in terms of giving every child a chance to be a winner.
Disclaimer: unfortunately, they cannot collect or take home Gemothy because we need to reuse him for any other children that would like to participate. We do appreciate your understanding!
Additional Event Details
- This event will take place all summer – June 19th to August 31st, specifically when the kids are out of school to when they go back. Please keep in mind, we will be CLOSED the first week in July for vacation, so the event will be on pause during that time.
- Kids should be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Parents or guardians will need to leave their contact information for any child that is participating in this event. This way, if your child is the lucky winner, we’ll know who to contact.
- Children cannot exceed 4 entries. When they complete a level, they are not allowed to retake it. They must move on to the next one.
- Winner will be announced on September 1st.
For any additional questions, feel free to message us at (856)-795-5077 or chat with us in person! We are more than happy to help! We hope to see you soon!